The Autodesk Subscription Advantage Packs include product enhancements, presentations, and other resources available only to current Subscription customers.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
An update for Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 software and Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 software is currently available on the Autodesk website. This hotfix helps resolve issues with the following features: the 3ds Max® Character Animation Toolkit, Autodesk FBX interoperability, Autodesk Materials, and mental ray software. It improves the overall operation of the 3ds Max software products. For more information on issues resolved in this hotfix, please visit the AREA.
This hotfix is cumulative; it contains the fixes from all previous 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design software hotfix releases.
Action: Go to the Autodesk 3ds Max Services & Support page to update your software.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Doors, Windows, Walls, oh my…Here is a great website, Revit Content, were you can buy professionally developed Revit content (families). The best part is it comes with a 30-day Full Money Back Guarantee. So the if the content doesn't fulfil your requirements, you can ask for your money back within 30 days or even better yet they will amend the content you purchased to your requirements for FREE. How’s that for customer service?
All the Content is Certified. The Content provided is professional created Revit Families that go through a multi-level certification process. Learn more
Content Update - As soon as a content is going to be updated, every single customer who has downloaded this content before, gets automatically an notification email that a new update on this particular Revit Content is available for a FREE download - Yes, it is FREE for everybody who downloaded this particular Revit Content in a previous version. This Service gives you the guarantee to always have the latest Revit Content which makes all the difference to the accuracy, stability, performance and data output achievable within your Revit Project. Learn more about our FREE Content Update Service.
Content Notifer - keep you always informed about the Revit Content that is coming online. Learn more about our FREE Content Notifier Service
Monday, November 1, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Autodesk recently participated as the premier corporate sponsor for the Green BIM Smart Market Report. Key findings from the report demonstrate:
- Green building sector will drive adoption of BIM - 7 out of 10 respondents report medium to high green project involvement.
- Opportunities in Green Retrofit - 88% of non-green BIM users believe they will use it for retrofit projects during next two years.
- Energy Performance Monitoring - Owners have low awareness of the benefits of BIM.
- Energy Performance Simulation - Green BIM users are simulating energy performance, including lighting/daylighting, whole building analysis, and energy code compliance.
Resources to support Green BIM opportunities include:
- Guide to Sustainable Design:
- BIM Enabled Sustainable Design Sales PowerPoint® Presentation:
Partner Portal / Sales & Marketing / Thought Leadership / Sustainable Design / Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- BIM Enabled Sustainable Design Sales Whitepaper:
Partner Portal / Sales & Marketing / Thought Leadership / Sustainable Design / Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Success Stories:
- Conceptual Energy Analysis Videos:
- Rapid Energy Modeling information:
- Renovation and Retrofit Sales Playbook:
Partner Portal / Sales & Marketing / Industry Solutions / Architecture, Engineering & Construction / Renovation Buildings for Sustainability
Friday, October 15, 2010
Autodesk is planning the First Customer Shipment (FCS) of AutoCAD for Mac on Friday, October 15. On this day, customers will be able to place orders with authorized resellers.
Autodesk recognizes that many existing AutoCAD software customers may have a preference for Apple Macintosh hardware and AutoCAD for Mac software. To support these customers, Autodesk is offering a US$400 upgrade from AutoCAD 2011 software to AutoCAD 2011 for Mac software. For a limited time, existing AutoCAD 2011 software customers with active Subscription contracts may be eligible to save even more.
From October 15, 2010, through January 14, 2011, existing AutoCAD Subscription Customers can save up to US$400 on new commercial licenses and up to US$200 on upgrades by mail-in rebate:
- Save US$400 on new licenses: AutoCAD Subscription customers are eligible for a US$400 mail-in rebate on new commercial licenses of AutoCAD for Mac 2011 software.
- Save US$200 on upgrades: AutoCAD Subscription customers are eligible for a US$200 mail-in rebate on upgrades from AutoCAD 2011 to AutoCAD 2011 for Mac software.
The AutoCAD for Mac Competitive Trade-up Program offers an option to purchase specially discounted, new licenses of AutoCAD for Mac for those customers who own a competitive product. To receive the special discounted price, customers must purchase Autodesk Subscription for each qualifying license along with the discounted product. Examples of competitive products that will be accepted under this program are listed below.
- TurboCAD Mac Pro
- Siemens NX
Thursday, October 14, 2010
The 2011 Subscription Advantage Packs are now available to Subscription customers via Subscription Center. This year’s English Advantage Packs launched on September 29.
Autodesk Subscription Advantage Packs are available for download now by Subscription customers. Get ahead by gaining early access to the latest product enhancements for the 2011 version of your Autodesk software. Available for select products, Subscription Advantage Packs can include:
· Additional product features that expand and improve software functionality
· Integrated web services that promote collaboration and support sustainable design
· Robust design content such as specialized libraries and other tools that enrich visualizations and renderings
Download Your Subscription Advantage Pack by logging in to your Subscription Center:
Monday, October 4, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Autodesk has announced the availability of the Revit 2011 Update 2 build (20100903_2115) Release. the links below:
Autodesk Revit Platform 2011 Enhancements
- Improves stability when locking of constraints within families.
- Improves stability when modifying the properties of an element.
- Ensures „Select All Instances‟ when used on viewports within a sheet does select all the viewports.
- Improves stability when using the “Create Form” tool when In-Place edit a mass.
- Improves stability when using “Complex” complexity mode during gbXML Export.
- Corrects glazing area when using “Simple” complexity mode during gbXML Export.
- Improves stability when editing element Phase inside a group.
- Improves consistency of the ifcflowsegment and ifcflowfitting properties during a re-export to IFC.
- Improves stability when exporting to AutoCad 2000 DWG files.
- Improves stability during export to DWG files when exporting a view with a linked DWG in "new layers for overrides" mode.
- Improves stability after switching location within the InfoCenter settings
- Improves stability of InfoCenter when logged into Revit with a double byte username.
- Improves stability when selecting materials from within the materials dialog.
- Improves stability when switching between views
- Improves visibility of manually applied hidden lines during printing and exporting of Structural Hidden Lines views.
- Improves performance when using spinner control in the Decal Types dialog.
- Improves stability when selecting array elements from within the Reveal Hidden Elements display mode.
- Improves stability when finishing Sketch mode.
- Improves stability when selecting a reference plane within the conceptual mass editor.
- Improves stability when launching multiple sessions of Revit.
- Corrects shadow casting of linked RVT files when in realistic display mode.
- Improves stability when dragging sun.
- Improves stability when upgrading Revit 2010 project file.
- Corrects color of masked regions when rendered in Consistent Color display mode.
There are other enhancements per Revit “flavour” as well as the API which can be found in the associated Update Enhancement List PDF on each product page
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Autodesk is releasing a new Subscription Advantage Pack for Revit Subscription clients that will include the new Revit Server and Conceptual Energy Analysis capabilities.
For more detailed information and software downloads you should log into your Autodesk Subscription Center.
For a detailed overview of these Revit features you can refer to latest review article in AEC Bytes: Revit’s New Server and Conceptual Energy Analysis Capabilities
Friday, September 24, 2010
Autodesk is asking for Design Visualization submissions to include in their 2010 Design Show Reel. This Reel will be showcased at AUTODESK UNIVERSITY from November 30 to December 2, 2010. It will be featured during each sessions and to the opening of the Mainstage presentation.
They are also very interested in receiving high-resolution images – up to 300 dpi – for inclusion in their marketing material leading up to and surrounding the show. Lower resolution is also most welcome.
The deadline for imagery submission and video content is Friday, October 8, 2010.
Follow these easy steps to submit your work. Good Luck!
Monday, September 13, 2010
AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2011 Update 1.1 is now available. This is a re-release of Update 1 for AutoCAD 2011 software. After the original Update 1 was released, it was discovered that an issue occurred when conducting certain operations that may cause AutoCAD software to shut down.
Update 1 was subsequently removed to correct the issue and a hotfix was released for those customers who had already applied Update 1. This release of Update 1.1 includes that fix.
More detailed information and instructions can be found at Without a Net.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
For purchases of 1-5 licenses of new or cross-grade upgrades the customer will receive $200US per license in vouchers. 6+ licenses will net you $300US per license up to a maximum of $10,000US. Services must be completed by Dec. 31/10. An on-line post-service evaluation must be completed by the customer.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
From Aug 16 to Oct 17, 2010 you can save up to $400US on new AutoCAD licenses and/or up to $300US on new AutoCAD LT licenses.
You must submit an on-line rebate request and mail in proof of purchase documentation. Offer is limited to a maximum of 5 licenses. Rebates can be submit at the following links:
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
The all-new RISA-Revit 2011 Link is now available as a free download for both RISAFloor and RISA-3D users. This two-way link is compatible with Revit Structure 2011 (both 32 and 64 bit versions) and allows you to transfer information more seamlessly than ever between Revit and RISAFloor or RISA-3D.
This latest version of the link not only transfers shared coordinate systems, leaning columns, sloped beams, and enveloped gravity/lateral end reactions, but also has been completely overhauled for more robust behavior and significantly increased speed.
Whether you are new to the Link, or are already using the Revit Structure 2010 Link, download the latest version from our website below and try it out today!
Visit www.risatech.com/revitstructure to download the new Link today!
For more information on the updates in the latest Link see What’s New
All content copyright of RISA Technologies. All rights reserved.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
This post is from AEC Bytes - very good read:
Last week, Autodesk hosted a webcast to officially launch the next version of its design software portfolio. While it did not discuss any of its products in depth, the webcast summarized the main enhancements in the 2011 versions of AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, and 3ds Max, which were identified as the key applications of its product portfolio. In addition to individual enhancements in each of these applications to make them "best of class," Autodesk has also launched an initiative to make the user experience more consistent across all of them. This has included implementing the ribbon-based interface to provide a similar—and modern—look and feel, as well as making common tasks such as model navigation, material selection, and so on work the same way across all of them. Other key objectives for Autodesk in this product release were improved graphics for better visualization, better data interoperability between its applications, and improving the power and sophistication of the applications while at the same time making them simpler and easier to use.
The highlights of Autodesk’s launch webcast from an AEC perspective are captured in this issue of the AECbytes Newsletter. Autodesk is holding another event next month to provide further details of the 2011 AEC product portfolio, which will be covered in a separate article at that time.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
- Parametric Constraints and Families - ENHANCED
- Integrated Rendering - ENHANCED
- View Styles - ENHANCED
- Temporary Dimensions - ENHANCED
- Application Programming Interface (API) - ENHANCED
- Repeat Last Command - NEW
- Find & Replace Text - NEW
- Structural Elements - ENHANCED
- Task-based User Interface - ENHANCED
- Resizable Dialogs - ENHANCED
- Quick Access Toolbar - ENHANCED
- Application Menu - ENHANCED
- Keyboard Shortcuts Dialog - NEW
- Web-Based Help - NEW
- Modeless Properties Palette - NEW
- Sun Path - NEW
- Worksharing (Multi-person File Sharing) - ENHANCED
- Linked Revit Files - ENHANCED
- Publish to Autodesk Navisworks products - ENHANCED
- Publish to CAD Formats (DWG, DXF, DGN, ACIS (SAT)) - ENHANCED
- Import from Autodesk Inventor - ENHANCED
- Autodesk Green Building Studio Web-based Service* - NEW
- Annotations - ENHANCED
- Text Notes Formatting - ENHANCED
- Sheet Composition - ENHANCED
- Solid Modeling - ENHANCED
- Free-form Modeling & Direct Manipulation - ENHANCED
- Surface Modeling - ENHANCED
- Surface Rationalization - ENHANCED
- Custom curtain panels - ENHANCED
- Flexible Components - NEW
Friday, March 19, 2010
Autodesk ImageModeler image-based modeling and photogrammetry software enables architects, designers, and entertainment content creators to generate 3D models from 2D digital images. The software’s easy-to-learn, three-step workflow—calibration, modeling, and texturing—enables users to achieve stunning, photorealistic 3D models with real-world accuracy and export them in different formats to other Autodesk products.
You can obtain a license of ImageModeler 2009 when you purchase a license for the following Autodesk products with Autodesk Subscription:
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2010
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2010
- Autodesk Maya 2010
- Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Autodesk Revit Structure
- Autodesk Revit MEP
- AutoCAD Map 3D
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- AutoCAD Architecture
- AutoCAD MEP
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Owners — What Should You Do About BIM? Construction Industry News Reed Construction Data
Monday, January 25, 2010
- Support for 32-bit Windows 7 operating system
- Remote registry search for Windows 7
- 64-bit machines now supported
- Searches now include subnets
Autodesk Asset Locator will be included free of charge on the product media of many upcoming Autodesk products. Note: This product is subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement that accompanies download of this software.
Action: The utility is available now for download from the following Autodesk License Compliance web page:
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
From November 30, 2009, through April 18, 2010, customers will have the option of purchasing a license of Autodesk Ecotect Analysis 2010 software for US$995 when purchased with a qualifying AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite or AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite new license, crossgrade, or Subscription renewal.
Subscription for Autodesk Ecotect Analysis software is required to be eligible for promotional pricing. Autodesk Ecotect Analysis Subscription includes the Autodesk Green Building Studio web service, which helps architects and designers to conduct whole building energy analysis, optimize performance and efficiency, and achieve carbon neutrality earlier in the design process.
Monday, January 4, 2010
New US content is now available for Revit MEP Subscription customers via the Subscription Center Website. The download is "US Content Extension for Autodesk Revit MEP 2010"
The US Content Extension for Autodesk Revit MEP 2010 software provides new content to help electrical engineers, drafters, and contractors create electrical designs and layouts for projects in the US and elsewhere. Contents include electrical devices for nurse call systems, fire safety, communications, security, and power. Content is available in both imperial and metric units.