Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome and the purpose of this blog

Well, for those of you that don't know me from anyone else in the world, I am a business consultant for an authorized Autodesk reseller in Canada. I specifically deal with the AEC industry helping firms with everything from AutoCAD LT right up to multi-disciplinary environments using Building Information Modeling (BIM) or in Autodesk terms: REVIT!

My background stems back some 16 years within both the Graphic Arts and AEC industries. I am an Architectural Technologist by trade and have worked in the trenches of an architectural firm pumping out working drawings to running a computerized facilities management department within an institutional setting. I started with AutoCAD back in the mid to late 80's on Release 8 (which was actually refer to as version 2.6) using a pen plotter and a digitizing tablet (computers didn't come with a mouse back then). I learned AutoLISP and actually ended up teaching AutoCAD courses at a local community college.

Now I consult with my clients on how to use these wonderful Autodesk products to their fullest potential. I not only help implement these tools, but I also educate my clients on the best practices on dealing with Autodesk. Let's face it, they are a huge organization and are sometimes very daunting to deal with. But once you know the way they think and breath, it is much easier to plan your investments in their technologies to your benefit - that's were I come in. As a reseller, I deal with them everyday and have come to know what is possible and what is not, when it is most advantageous to buy in the year, how to minimize your costs annual, and lastly but most importantly, how to maximize your investment.

The purpose of this blog is not only to provide you with help using your Autodesk products, but to all educate you on how to take advantage of Autodesk’s annual marketing processes, promotions, rebates, and offerings. I plan to keep this blog up to date as these announcements are made through the year.

Please join for an interesting and hopefully exciting journey through the world’s foremost authority on design software – the world of Autodesk.

No comments: